Mechanicals Plastics, Supply Base Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) Team has the responsibility for evaluating technologies and identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a SCE Mechanical Plastics Supply Base Engineer focused on manufacturing, tooling development, and supplier qualification. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. The role of a Mechanical Plastics SBE is complex must be led by someone who is both technically proficient to work with the engineering design teams, but also experienced in supply chain and manufacturing to bring that hardware tooling and technology into the mass production. Specific hardware development and tooling knowledge is required and the candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of tooling components and systems, understanding key factors in both the development, qualification, and manufacturing aspects of tooling products. Your role will be to act as the interface between the Building 8 Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams to implement and execute comprehensive tooling solutions for our products. This is a full- time position.
- Work with Engineering Team to identify the best supplier partners to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations
- Interface directly with the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and Vendor teams to drive tooling procedures and process, including First Article, Reliability, Environmental, Production and Final Acceptance
- Drive suppliers to optimize processes for component fabrications to meet fit, form and function requirements of the product
- Work directly with the vendor engineers to provide expertise in tooling methods, equipment, and set-ups for mass-production qualification
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience in tooling development & tooling volume manufacturing
- Understanding of plastics injection molding, CNC, and component manufacturing processes
- Understanding of common part decoration technologies, in-mold texturing, part anodizing and painting processes
- Knowledgeable in conducting multi-factorial DOEs, ANOVA, and SPC methodology
- Experience with domestic and/or international plastics tooling vendors and related supply chain
- Understanding of considerations of building hardware and tooling technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top