Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Mechanical Specialist for our Henrico, Virginia data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The mechanical specialist will be a part of the facility operations team and will be responsible for being the mechanical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as chiller systems, evaporative cooling, HVAC, DX cooling, water distribution, water treatment, emergency diesel generators, fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource of mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan.
- On-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Oversight of water quality maintenance.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Travel to other data center regions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- 7+ years Mechanical Journeyman level experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Working knowledge of psychrometric charts.
- Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments
- 7+ years experience in a data center or other critical environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Mechanical (HVAC)
- Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
Back to top