Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook is seeking a Mechanical Specialist to join our Data Center Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The mechanical specialist will be a part of the facility operations team and will be responsible for being the mechanical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as chiller systems, evaporative cooling, HVAC, DX cooling, water distribution, water treatment, emergency diesel generators, fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution. This position is full-time and will be based at the data center in Clonee, Ireland.
MECHANICAL SPECIALIST, SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource of mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan
- On-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise
- Oversight of water quality maintenance
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions
- 7+ years Mechanical Journeyman level experience
- Bachelor's degree plus 3+ years mechanical experience will be considered in lieu of 7+ years Journeyman experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Working knowledge of psychrometric charts
- Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Construction Program Mgr- Retrofit Projects
- Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
- Critical Facility Engineer
- Data Center Capacity Analyst
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Center Capacity Engineer
- Facility Support Manager
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top