Mechanical Engineering Architect, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a ME Architect who has experience working on mechanical engineering teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- End-to-end ownership of product architecture from concept to launch.
- Establish product design process, best practices and tools for the organization.
- Drive road map for materials, manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate closely with the industrial design and the supply chain NPI teams.
- Leverage ODM/CMs to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Experience in companies across industries.
- Experience in architecting and designing consumer electronics and mobile products.
- Knowledge of state of the art mechanical design and simulation tools, prototyping tools, manufacturing technologies and materials.
- Experience with audio and video products.
- Experience working with ODM and CM, as well as JDM development, leading their technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide key technical contributions to innovation-driven entrepreneurial product design teams.
- Collaboration skills, with experience working with UX and ID teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top