Mechanical Engineer, Input Explorations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We're looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about advancing the boundaries of input devices in AR/VR. The ideal candidate is an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a background in input devices or wearables, who flourishes working in an ambiguous technology space. This position will afford you the opportunity to explore the meaning and implementation of inputs and interaction in spatial computing.
You will become a Mechanical Engineer on a team exploring new input device concepts. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical, mechanical, firmware, and software techniques. We want people who work well in teams; can brainstorm big ideas; have great product sense; work in new technology areas; able to drive a concept into a prototype; and can envision how to test a hypothesis. This position is full-time and is based in Seattle.
- Mechanical Engineering activities in a highly cross-functional team environment.
- Model, build, test, and refine prototypes.
- Participate on a multi-disciplinary team to provide advice/guidance/insights to your peers on what to build.
- Take prototypes to increasing levels of fidelity, and work with the product focused engineers to translate early prototypes into potential product directions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience, with a combination of focus in areas of precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical systems, including full system ownership.
- Experience designing in CAD.
- Experience in various manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.).
- Experience designing mechanical constraints of PCBs, FPCs, etc.
- Experience working on input devices or wearables.
- Experience in NX CAD modeling system, and Team Center PDM.
- 3+ years experience working on shipping consumer hardware.
- Strong collaborator, good communication skills with ability to manage full-stack collaboration, ability to manage by influence.
Back to top