Mechanical Engineer, Connectivity Lab
(Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Connectivity Lab Team. We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other tech companies, launched Internet.org, a global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the world’s population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms for connectivity on the ground, in the air and in orbit. For all of these systems, the team is looking at Free-space optical communication, a way of using light to transmit data through space using invisible, infrared laser beams. To make this a reality, we need to scale our infrastructure and ensure that it operates efficiently so that we can deliver innovative services. Join us as we build the technical foundation upon which the world shares and connects. This position is located in our Woodland Hills office (near Los Angeles).
- Develop component and assembly drawings and specifications, tolerances.
- Specify, design, prototype and test devices and products for our development in Connectivity Lab.
- Perform thermal, structural, and mechanical integrity modeling and analysis to predict and optimize the system performance.
- Design and implement complex mechanical assemblies that have been matured to hardware implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: mechanical systems including structures, configuration, mechanisms, structural analysis, and integration and test.
- Experience with solving mechanical engineering problems, performs trade studies, and develops conceptual configurations, and providing oversight to the fabrication, assembly, and qualification of hardware resulting in releasing a product.
- Experience in product designs using FEA and CFD for shock and vibe, thermal and certification performance.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies such as sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining and die casting
- Experience in engineering analysis tools and software packages, e.g. Pro/E, Solidworks, ANSYS, MATLAB.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top