As a Mechanical Engineer at Facebook, you will take a critical role in developing next generation AR Systems. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through mechanical design and fast iterative prototyping. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, and software techniques. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to high-volume consumer product solution. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their mechanical engineering expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways. Our ideal candidate has a strong fundamental engineering background, prototyping skills, 3D CAD capability, and experience designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Mechanical Engineering activities in cross-functional hardware team.
- Model, build, test, and refine prototypes and characterization test systems.
- Work across the full product development cycle, from concept inception to shipping product.
- Apply rigorous engineering and tolerance techniques to high precision design requirements in the areas such as Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and application of GD&T techniques and associated metrology approaches.
- 2+ years experience working on ME designs in optics, mechanism, or mechatronics designs.
- Testing and analysis experience (FEA, Simulation, Zemax, Ray Tracing, etc.).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.).
- Experience in 3D design modeling (NX and/or SolidWorks) and physical prototyping.
- Experience in opto-mechanical design and engineering.
- Experience in consumer electronics product development or manufacturing.
- Experience with design and prototyping of head mounted optics systems.
- Experience designing optical metrology or high precision mechanisms/motion control.
- Experience with mechanical and optics metrology devices such as CMM, OMM, interferometry.
- Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding.
- Knowledge of materials and structural modeling/optimization.
- Familiar with Electronics and mechanical system testing, and associated data analysis and associated statistics.
- 5+ years experience working on ME designs in optics, mechanism, or mechatronics designs.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Audio Experiences Prototyper, Facebook Reality Labs
Redmond, WA + 1 More
- Electrical Engineer
- Embedded DSP Engineer (C/C++)
Redmond, WA + 1 More
- Optical Scientist
- Reliability Engineer
- Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top