Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The candidate will be passionate about identifying, developing and delivering the next generation disruptive infrastructure technologies that support the continued innovation, integration and acquisition of Facebookâ€™s world leading applications. This is an intellectually complex and operationally challenging role that will afford the opportunity to lead the way the technology industry deploys hardware infrastructure at scale! This individual must have proven cross-functional leadership and communication skills and be adept at getting new technologies launched at scale via collaborative team work with the respective groups at Facebook. The engineering lifecycle at Facebook includes new technology development, new product qualification, launch, ramp, sustaining and product end-of-life activities. This team also has responsibility for all engineering services spanning these hardware products; DFx reviews, product qualification, assurance of line and factory capacity, product test engineering, compliance, end-to-end PLM/Agile/ECO activities, field and in process quality and yield, failure analysis and all transformational process improvements. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA. Some travel is required in this role.
- Define and deliver next generation technologies for infrastructure hardware including but not limited to compute, storage, and networking technologies.
- Identify areas of innovation above the hardware layer that will deliver operational efficiency and reduce complexity and cost of managing a fleet of 100â€™s of thousands of devices in Facebook data centers worldwide.
- Work closely with DC Operations, Engineering, Technical Program Management, Supply Chain Operations and Facebook Labs to ensure all products under development are delivered on time, on budget, with reliability at scale.
- Understand applications, capacity, business and site operations in order to develop technologies that support Facebook products at scale.
- Experience in leading aggressive timeline, multi-partner initiatives.
- Knowledge of industry technology trends and technologies applicable to Facebook.
- Experience designing and managing platforms with experience leading electrical, mechanical, power and thermal engineers in a hands-on fashion.
- Organizational, communication and coordination experience.
Back to top