Measurement Lead, MEA
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Marketing Science measurement team is charged with driving good measurement, demonstrating the ROI/value of the platform, developing best practices and informing product development. The Measurement Partner position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and the industry on DR and Brand measurement strategies and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business performance.
Facebook is seeking a highly quantitative measurement professional with direct response/performance market experience to drive the Facebook measurement strategy across MEA. We're looking for people with strong research and critical thinking skills to successfully influence how clients, agencies and the wider industry conduct and use measurement across the MEA region.
This role involves line management of Measurement Partners in Dubai, Israel, SSA and will have specific responsibility of the Turkey market. In total they will manage a team of 4 people. Measurement Partners are responsible for developing strong client relationships, engaging and influencing key clients, agencies and industry bodies in the region. They will be responsible for working with client teams in designing tests and research to help understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will identify how a client can act to drive business impact.
We are looking for someone with deep digital knowledge, strong line management capability and the ability to work in a complex environment with many stakeholders including product, engineers, creative and marketing.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook and online advertising, intellectually curious, a fast learner and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. They should demonstrate a strong understanding of the media landscape and ability to apply quantitative techniques to understand consumer behaviour and advertising effectiveness through innovative analytics, methodologies and products across a number of verticals. This position is full time and located in London.
- Responsible for working with the wider Marketing Science team to develop and deliver the measurement strategy across MEA.
- Line management of 4 Measurement Partners based in Dubai, Israel, Johanesburg, Dublin.
- Partner with the Measurement Partners and Facebook sales team across MENAP, Israel, SSA, to deliver the regional strategy. Drive deep, strategic relationships with Facebook clients and agencies through identity based measurement and 'learning agendas' that highlight how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the measurement strategy in Turkey:
- Manage a complex set of client relationships across industry and client groups, functions, brands, agencies, to drive our clients measurement objectives in Turkey
- Conduct in-depth custom analysis and ad effectiveness studies to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media.
- Communicate complex research results to general audience.
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as
- Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products and partnerships and drive client engagement around measurement innovation, including products alphas and beta.
- Educate clients, agencies and the industry on Facebook measurement and research capabilities.
- Work on White Papers and thought leadership pieces on 'good measurement', from both a DR and Brand perspective.
- 12+yrs experience in Research and/or DR/Performance Marketing with an analytical background.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required. Advanced degree in statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative degree preferred
- Strong line management experience (min. of 3 years)
- A solid understanding of the advertising industry (especially online) and measurement methods/technologies most commonly used.
- Excellent understanding of online media.
- Client-facing experience, including experience driving change through adoption of new products or research methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audience.
- Direct experience independently scoping and executing a analytical projects from start to finish.
- Direct experience of analysing and manipulate data sets to understand patterns and provide client insights.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally and influence clients.
- Previous experience working with large data sets
- Fluency in Turkish preferred.
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit
- Posted: July 28 2017
- Closing date: August 28 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top