Materials Research Engineer
As a Materials Research Engineer in Facebook Reality Labs, you will develop state of the art mechanical designs, structures, materials, and sensor integration solutions that will create transformative experiences for users of Augmented Reality. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through analytical modeling and fast iterative prototyping. You will work on cutting edge technologies with a diverse cross-functional team of engineers and scientists that pioneer mechanical, electrical, optical, materials, firmware, software and computer vision solutions. We value people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and can envision how that prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
MATERIALS RESEARCH ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead or contribute to electro-mechanical solutions as a part of a team
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to generate concepts and detailed designs
- Apply rigorous engineering techniques to solve challenging design problems
- Analyze, optimize, build, test and refine prototypes
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years industry or academic experience
- Experience in managing internal and external manufacturers to rapid physical prototyping and production
- Experience designing for various manufacturing techniques (machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
- Experience leading cross functional relationships to successful product
- Experience with design from concept to manufacturing for a variety of elastomeric materials
- 10+ years of product design/prototyping and R&D experience, including full systems ownership
- 3+ years working on high-volume consumer products
- Experience with materials intended for wearable electronics for high volume manufacturing
- Experience with conductive polymers (compounding, synthesis, manufacturing)
- Experience balancing material properties across domains and stakeholders
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Audio Experiences Prototyper, Facebook Reality Labs
Redmond, WA + 1 More
- Electrical Engineer
- Optical Scientist
- Optical Scientist
- Research Audiologist
- Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top