- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. This team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook Reality Labs seeks a Materials Engineer with the ability to bring new materials to consumer products at scale. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things.
- Support Technical Program Leaders in the development of new technologies and remove material barriers from the path to commercialization
- Define and execute testing and evaluation of materials to determine performance and drive material selection
- Define or create new novel materials to enable technology to be integrated in consumer devices
- Support high volume production of products taking ownership of the material selection challenges
- Work closely with the Creative team to realize the use of new materials, methods and surface finishes for world-class Industrial Design
- BS in material science, chemistry, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with high tech and industry leading consumer hardware
- Experience thriving in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge in at least one area of metals, plastics, ceramics, adhesives, coatings, or composites
- Proven curiosity for science and technology
- MS or PhD in engineering/scientific discipline
- 3+ years experience building, testing and evaluating hardware & software system
Back to top