- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook AR/VR brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. This team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook AR/VR seeks a Materials Engineer with the ability to bring new materials to consumer products at scale. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things.
- Define or create new novel materials to enable technology to be integrated in consumer devices
- Support Technical Program Leaders in the development of new technologies and remove material barriers from the path to commercialization
- Support high volume production of products taking ownership of the material selection challenges
- Work closely with the Creative team to realize the use of new materials, methods and surface finishes for world-class Industrial Design
- Support the Supply Chain team to define equipment and process required to produce a given product
- BS in engineering/scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience building, testing and evaluating hardware & software system
- Experience with high tech and industry leading consumer hardware
- Experience thriving in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Expert in at least one area of metals, plastics, ceramics, adhesives, coatings, or composites
- Process familiarity with surface finishing such as blasting, polishing, anodizing, paint and ink and joining techniques such as laser welding, gluing, ultrasonic welding, heat staking
- Provide onsite support at manufacturing and partner sites during development and product ramp
- Proven curiosity for science and technology
- MS or PhD in engineering/scientific discipline
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top