Marketplace Product Strategy Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Product Strategy team has a simple mission: Make Facebook the best strategic decision making company. We support Facebook to most effectively allocate resources by providing a holistic understanding of our products, markets, and our relative advantages. We do so by closely monitoring the key trends driving our business and industry forward, translating those into actionable insights for the strategic direction of the long-term product roadmap, and influencing the relevant teams to maximize impact for Facebook.
This particular individual will join the scaling Marketplace Product Strategy team. Marketplace is a fast-growing, rapidly evolving product whose mission is connecting people through commerce across our family of apps. Today, hundreds of millions of people come to FB to buy and sell goods within Marketplace, Buy and Sell Groups, and pages each month. We power transactions across WhatsApp, Messenger, Oculus, Social Good, Local, Video, Games, and beyond. Marketplace's Product Strategy is tasked with driving the long-term strategic direction of Marketplace and, more broadly, e-commerce and payment products within Facebook.
- Build a deep understanding of our existing business using internal and external data.
- Work with cross-functional partners (product, data science, engineering, user research) to surface opportunities and threats, outline data-driven strategic decisions, and frame actionable product recommendations.
- Become well-versed in eCommerce's evolving competitive landscape and channel those insights to relevant teams.
- Support existing metrics (and create new ones) to evaluate the business as its grows.
- Contribute to bi-weekly detailed business reports, commentary, and variance analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in business strategy and/or analytics in a technology company or consulting firm.
- Experience drawing insights from multiple data sources.
- Experience in solving problem individually and in a group setting and understanding key drivers of a technology business.
- Experience shifting priorities.
- Proven track-record of organizing, developing, and executing business growth strategy projects.
- Experience working in heavily cross-functional environment
- Experience in retail, eCommerce or marketplaces
- A team player who's able to partner with cross-functional leadership to quickly turn insights into actions
- MBA or other advanced degree
Back to top