Marketplace Analyst, Publisher Yield Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s Publisher Solutions team helps publishers monetize their content on and off Facebook through access to over 5 million global Facebook advertisers and by using powerful people-based marketing to make it easy for publishers to show their audience better, more relevant ads while driving the best results for advertisers.
The Publisher Solutions Yield Analytics team is an analytics group focused on optimizing yield for publishers on and off Facebook while ensuring that our advertisers see effective and valuable delivery. In service of this goal, the team works with publishing and advertising clients to optimize their performance, conducts research into the Facebook publisher marketplace, and provides data and insights to guide overall product and business strategy.
The Marketplace Analyst will be a hands-on role focusing on understanding Facebook complex publisher ecosystem, modeling the interaction between supply and demand, and informing tactical and strategic decisions. Work will be cross-functional in nature.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in analytics, research and statistics, strong communication skills, and experience with ad tech. Applicants should have a strong quantitative background, experience analyzing large data sets, and experience in marketplace analytics in online advertising.
This position is full-time and located in our offices in Menlo Park. Some amount of travel (domestic and international) will be expected in the role.
- Lead analyses to improve technical and quantitative understanding of the Publisher solutions marketplace.
- Make recommendations and help guide product and business decisions based on marketplace analyses and an understanding of network dynamics and long-term strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with product, product marketing, and sales on optimization opportunities and insights.
- 3+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance).
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing practical business insights from data sets.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- 5+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience.
- Master's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance).
- Demonstrated ability to be a thought leader in an analytical environment.
- Experience working in a large consumer internet or social media company.
- Communication and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Strong interest for consumer internet and social media.
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g., Hive and/or SQL) data visualization (e.g. Tableau), statistical analysis (R or Python), with the ability to code (e.g., PHP).
Back to top