Marketing Strategy & Operations (S&O) Lead, Instagram
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The successful candidate must be an experienced management consultant and marketer, data-driven, and a self-starter with work experience on the client-side. This individual thrives in and enjoys a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Lead and build the strategic marketing, planning and operations processes to support the Instagram consumer marketing organization.
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the consumer marketing organization, which includes interfacing with finance regarding budgeting and forecasting, working with marketers regarding campaign flight calendar, partnering with the marketing management group (MMG) on annual plans and H-plans, and other duties as assigned.
- Partner with the creative studio to make sure we have efficient processes in place regarding our asset creation, management and deploying assets.
- Lead projects with MMG to optimize our org structure and overall organization health (e.g., role clarity between groups and interaction models between groups). Additionally, this person will own projects that help scale the organization such as localization and marketing integration and creative efficiencies.
- Recruiting and hiring support as needed.
- Lead planning including H1/H2 goals and prioritization for the groups, learnings to date, best practices across the organization, headcount planning and budget allocation etc.
- Partner with Decision Science to constantly improve how we evaluate the impact of our marketing. This includes training and development, driving campaign consistency, creating methodological rigor, KPI alignment and campaign efficacy and efficiency.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent marketing experience
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting supporting marketing functions in internet and/or consumer technology vertical
- Management consulting experience and experience working in a marketing organization for a consumer brand
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with a results-oriented mindset
- Methodical with the experience in translating problems into actionable solutions
- Process oriented with project management experience
- Influence management experience, experience in working cross-functionally across disciplines and levels
- Start-up experience
Back to top