Marketing Science SMB Researcher
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct analytical work and marketing research to become a better marketer in the new mobile world. This role will be part of the Marketing Science Team focused on supporting our global Small and Medium Businesses (SMB), by better understanding how these businesses can grow using our platforms through data and science. The person in this role will be responsible for identifying research needs in close collaboration with stakeholders and partners, executing research projects, and delivering insights. They will perform hands-on analysis and conduct in-depth investigations, execute end-to-end research projects, and make actionable recommendations to the business.
This person will work closely with key cross-functional sales teams, our Marketing Science Experts regional teams and individual small businesses to run these research projects. To succeed on this team, this person will need to develop data driven best practices, Marketing Science go-to-market strategies for customer segments, as well as evolve how to execute and learn for small businesses. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in media or advertising effectiveness research methods along with a natural curiosity to understand how things work. They should be passionate about Facebook, analytically minded, a great communicator, and able to partner and influence across complex organizations.
- Design proactive research & analytics initiatives that create clear understanding of how Marketing Science can help small business segments grow
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in creative ways to stakeholders and partners
- Identify with partners the best ways to scale ad-effectiveness research initiatives
- Identify, in partnership with Sales and Marketing Science leaders, key areas of opportunity to execute research projects
- Advocate for small businesses with product organizations in developing key products & measures for determining success of business outcomes
- Lead third party research initiatives to generate understanding of advertising impact on small businesses
- Bachelor's degree in analytical or business field (such as Economics, Business, Psychology, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar quantitative field) â€¨
- 3+ years experience in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, media research
- Experience in managing research projects
- Experience in applied research with focus areas such as media consumption, consumer behavior or advertising effectiveness
- Experience in statistical data analytics and using SQL
- Experience communicating concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, causal modeling
- Experience of using statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, R etc.
- Experience in the advertising industry or consumer behavior
- Knowledge of dynamics and structure for sales teams
- Understanding of current media landscape and challenges small business advertisers face
Back to top