Marketing Science Research Lead, SMB
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
In addition, the Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct marketing research and analytical work. This role will be part of the Marketing Science team focused on supporting our small business organization through the scaling of insights and solutions. This program lead will be responsible for better understanding our more than four million advertisers globally, how they measure advertising effectiveness, how they utilize the Facebook auction system and what insights are important to them to make better business decisions. To succeed we need to understand the unique character of small businesses, what Facebook means or could mean to them, how advertising works for them today against core business objectives and how best to make our technology work for them in the future.We seek a research savvy program lead who is strong in quantitative survey research methods, and will be able to identify, design and execute research projects that provide answers to questions focused on advertising effectiveness for small businesses. They will also leverage and adapt existing research and data where available to create compelling content to address the needs of small business advertisers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in survey or marketing effectiveness research methods and statistics along with data science skills and the ability to craft insights into meaningful business narratives. They should be passionate about Facebook, intellectually curious, a great communicator, data-driven, a fast learner and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. Have solid experience working with technical and analytical teams. Applicants should have a strong qualitative and quantitative understanding of data, a talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible learnings. This is a full-time position and is located in Menlo Park.
- Work closely with Marketing Science cross-functional teams, Ads Product and SMB Global Team to identify research topics
- Set the strategy & research agenda and drive projects forward from end-to-end
- Design programs that will drive impact for small businesses through various channels
- Design research studies that address both advertiser behavior and attitudes
- Conduct primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods including survey data and behavioral data
- Proactive creation of custom survey research focused on showing value, identifying insights or missed opportunities
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Develop a plan to address the challenges and needs for small businesses in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Adapt secondary research and leverage existing data to generate relevant insights to address needs through content creation
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers as needed and iterate quickly to generate usable insights for product and business decisions
- 5+ years in a quantitative research field, such as consulting, market research, or advanced Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar quantitative field (PhD preferred)
- Experience in survey or ad effectiveness research with focus areas such as media consumption, consumer behavior or advertising effectiveness
- A thorough understanding of survey research including sampling selection, weighting, non-response bias
- Experienced in survey design and questionnaire design
- Experience in working with survey tools such as Survey Monkey and Qualtrics
- Fluency in data manipulation and analysis (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and results to any audience
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top