Marketing Science Partner, Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
To fulfill this mission, the Marketing Science team at Facebook is actively seeking a full-time, experienced Marketing Science Partner. A Marketing Science Partner at Facebook works with internal and external clients in an industry vertical such as Automotive, E-commerce, Entertainment, CPG, Fin-Serv, Tech etc. on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business outcomes. To accomplish this, the person in this role will work both reactively and proactively with clients, using Facebookâ€™s industry leading data science tools and data sets.
Driving good measurement with advertisers will require designing tests (conversion lift, brand lift, attribution etc.) and doing research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. This work will require direct engagement with clients as well as using out third party scaling solutions to help with the set up and running of studies. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how clients can act upon it to drive business impact. The Marketing Science Partner will also focus on customizing existing capabilities or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with Product, R&D, and Partnerships. This is a is full-time role based in Tokyo (Japan).
- Engage with clients and agencies to share research-based best practices and measure true business value by building and operationalizing â€learning agendasâ€. The best practices and learning agendas will highlights how a client can improve business outcomes
- Partner closely with sales to manage a scaled set of accounts and prioritize which clients will get servicing from the team
- Support client engagement with third party vendors responsible for setting up and conducting measurement studies
- Drive client, vertical, and industry adoption of preferred measurement methodologies, best practices, products, and approaches in support of the â€learning agendaâ€
- Design tests to showcase the power of good measurement using client data and Facebook or third-party technology tools
- Conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Communicate complex research results to a general audience
- Offer selective consultation with clients & agencies on business hypothesis to test, measurement design & feasibility or insights interpretation
- Operate internal & external education & training workshops to raise awareness & advocacy of Measurement solutions & analytical best practices (auction, use of lift toolsâ€¦)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business, Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Sociology or similar
- Direct experience independently scoping and executing research projects with clients and or cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data sets to understand patterns and provide insights
- Experience leading at an industry level and with senior clients
- Ability to communicate technical content to general audience.
- Client-facing experience (internal or external), including ability to drive meetings or change through adoption of new products or research methods.
- Experience with digital advertising measurement methods and technologies
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data-sets, statistical software such as R, SPSS, SAS as well as data extraction tools such as Hive and/or SQL
- Experience with field experiments, experimental design, survey sampling, and/or panel data
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA
- Experience with digital advertising for brand and DR outcomes
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top