Marketing Science Partner, Entertainment
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
To fulfill this mission, the Marketing Science team at Facebook is actively seeking a full-time and experienced Marketing Science Partner in our Menlo Park office.
A Marketing Science Partner at Facebook works with internal and external clients and the industry on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business outcomes. To accomplish this, the person in this role will drive Entertainment industry's adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods. Driving good measurement with Entertainment advertisers will require designing tests (conversion lift, brand lift, attribution etc.) and doing research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how Entertainment clients can act upon it to drive business impact. The Marketing Science Partner will also focus on customizing existing capabilities or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with Product, R&D, and Partnerships.
Facebook is seeking an exceptional candidate to join the Marketing Science team: we're looking for people with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as familiarity with large data sets and data manipulation tools. To successfully influence how Entertainment advertisers conduct and use measurement, the candidate should be able to work cross-functionally with teams such as Sales, Creative Shop, Ads Research, Product Marketing etc.
- Manage a complex set of client and agency relationships across Entertainment categories such as Streaming, TV, Publishing, and Sport Leagues (eg., NBA, NFL).
- Engage with Entertainment clients and agencies to measure true business value by building and operationalizing "learning agendas" that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques
- Drive client, vertical, and industry adoption of preferred measurement methodologies, products, and approaches in support of the "learning agenda"
- Design tests to showcase the power of good measurement using client data and Facebook or third party technology tools
- Conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Communicate complex research results to a general audience
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive client engagement around measurement innovation, including product alphas and beta.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners such as Sales, Product, R&D, Ads Research, Creative Shop etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Economics, Sociology or related field
- Direct experience independently scoping and executing research projects with clients and/or cross-functional stakeholders
- Able to analyze and manipulate data sets to understand patterns and provide insights
- Demonstrated leadership skills at an industry level and with senior clients
- Experience communicating technical content to a general audience
- Experience with digital advertising measurement methods and technologies
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data-sets, statistical software such as R, SPSS, SAS as well as data extraction tools such as Hive and/or SQL
- Experience with field experiments, experimental design, survey sampling, and/or panel data
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA
- Experience with digital advertising in the Entertainment industry for brand and DR outcomes
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top