Marketing Science Expert (Agency)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct analytical work and marketing research to become a better marketer in the new mobile world. This role will be part of the Marketing Science Team focused on Small and Medium Businesses and Agencies (SMB) on Facebook helping scale marketing science practices to more agencies in the SMB ecosystem. The person in this role will help drive the mission of marketing science with SMB agencies through education, consultative support and proactive research. A key responsibility is to help build our leading edge global program to support the success of agency partners. The person will provide leadership to a cross-functional team and guide the team from a Marketing Science perspective, as well as execute the program. They will also be responsible for working directly with our sales and product marketing teams to identify and execute proactive scalable programs in market that lead to growth of our advertisers' businesses, while continuing to manage against inbound demand for support. The scalable programs will span from key ad-effectiveness research questions that impact industry, market, vertical and measurement product strategies.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, a talent for generating data-based insights, experience working with research organizations, and the ability to drive the mission of data and insights forward with high impact and speed. They should have talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible formats. This role will challenge the candidate to not only provide strategic direction to advertisers on their measurement efforts, but also to develop strategic insights into marketing on the Facebook platform.
- Lead development of a new capability to scale the SMB agency ecosystem, leveraging a broad array of existing marketing science solutions and developing new ones
- Work cross-functionally and globally to develop relevant content, solutions, and treatments as part of the new capability and execute the same
- Use a variety of methods such as webinars, office hours, consultation sessions, and outbound communications to support the day to day needs of the sales organization and clients
- Work directly with a broad array of Facebook agencies to help them deliver true business value and growth to their advertiser clients and thereby ensuring success of the agencies
- Engage in agency and client conversations, presentations of results, and consult internally with the sales teams, to ensure the right recommendation, design and setup of measurement studies
- Deliver trainings/education for the sales teams through dedicated sessions and boot camps
- Design and/or lead key proactive research programs that will help grow our advertisers' businesses (in partnership with product marketing and sales)
- Provide key strategic partnership and guidance to Facebook product teams and other cross-functional teams for success of SMB agency partnerships
- Analyze key sets of ad-effectiveness studies to summarize key learnings/findings for sharing out best practices and inform future strategies for businesses on Facebook
- Partner closely with sales and product marketing leaders to support larger business strategy development
- 8+ yearsâ€™ experience of media/marketing measurement or analytics experience
- Experience influencing and partnering with stakeholders across organizations
- Understanding of online advertising and familiarity with branding and performance advertising and marketing frameworks, including ad-effectiveness measurement techniques
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data-sets, statistical software such as R, SPSS, SAS as well as data extraction tools such as Hive and/or SQL
- Statistical analysis experience, including but not limited to experimental design
- Experience delivering data-driven insights, including influencing advertiser planning and buying behavior
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and delivering results
- Experience communicating technical content to a general audience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
Back to top