Marketing Science Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct analytical work and marketing research to become a better marketer in the new mobile world. This role will be part of the Marketing Science Team focused on supporting our sales teams with helping clients understand their consumers on Facebook and the effectiveness of their ad spend. The person in this role will be tasked with advising, executing and monitoring studies for clean execution against key client business questions. They will provide consultative support including advising internal and external stakeholders on measurement strategy and design. As opportunities arise, they will work directly with our Sales teams to identify and execute proactive scalable programs in market.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a passion for generating data-based insights. They will also have experience working with research organizations or marketing analytics teams. They should have talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible formats. This role will challenge the candidate to not only provide strategic direction to advertisers on their measurement efforts, but also to develop strategic insights into marketing on the Facebook platform.
This position is full-time and based in our Austin office.
- Work with a broad array of Facebook advertisers to support clients in measuring true business value and growing their businesses through Facebook's ad platforms
- Use a variety of methods such as tasks, office hours, consultation sessions, and outbound communications to support the day to day needs of the sales organization and clients
- Setup and monitor ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers using a variety of measurement solutions and products to understand the impact of campaigns
- Recommend product and solutions for different client needs and challenges as it pertains to media, marketing, or key measurement questions
- Engage in client conversations, presentations of results, and consult internally with the sales teams to ensure the right design and setup of measurement studies
- Deliver training's/education for sales teams through dedicated sessions and boot camps
- As opportunities arise, execute against key proactive programs that will help grow our advertisers' businesses (in partnership with product marketing and sales teams)
- 3+ years of relevant experience, media/marketing measurement or analytics experience and general love of data
- Understanding of online advertising and familiarity with branding, performance advertising and marketing frameworks, including ad effectiveness measurement techniques
- Statistical analysis experience, including but not limited to experimental design
- Experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights including influencing advertiser planning and buying behavior
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate concepts to varying audiences
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top