Marketing Science Director, BENELUX and DACH
- Berlin, Germany
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Director of Marketing Science for BENELUX & DACH is a senior leadership position within the Facebook EMEA Marketing Science team. This person will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and influence the industry across the region. The successful candidate will lead and manage a growing team of Marketing Science Partners across geographies to drive Facebook preferred measurement methods and best practice, whilst encouraging first and third-party product adoption at scale. This person will be comfortable talking about a combination of techniques and measurement strategies that drive insights and business results for advertisers.Furthermore, this role will engage with the broader industry ecosystem: advising on and executing against the strategy for industry bodies and Joint Industry Committees, with the aim of accelerating good measurement practice at a country and regional level. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing analytics, critical thinking skills and the ability to build deep relationships at senior marketing and other C-level roles. To successfully influence how clients conduct and use measurement, the candidate will need to be able to work cross-functionally with advertisers, sales teams, and other members of the global Marketing Science team. This role will also require working closely with Product, R&D and Partnerships teams to develop or pilot new methodologies.
- Coach and develop a team of measurement professionals of varying skill levels across geographies to deliver excellent measurement work, identifying opportunities for progression and nurturing future leaders
- Manage a complex set of client relationships across industry and client groups, functions and brands to drive our measurement objectives
- Push clients to measure true business value by building and operationalizing "learning agendas" that highlight how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques and drive client, vertical, and industry adoption of preferred measurement methodologies, products, and approaches in support of the learning agenda
- Implement and monitor against a set of performance indicators the progress of each country and account and scaling of measurement strategy
- Define strategy for and manage relationships with industry bodies
- Develop and nurture relationships with key sales leadership partners across the region and manage relationships with other regional measurement leads to share knowledge and best practices across EMEA and globally
- Play a strategic role in developing the cross-platform and cross-media measurement approaches and agendas for large advertisers and agencies, vertical categories or specific local markets
- Communicate complex research results to a general audience at both internal and public events
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships as required by the Benelux and DACH Markets.
- Drive client engagement around measurement innovation, including measurement alphas and beta
- Strong track record of extensive experience and familiarity with advertising measurement methods and technologies with specific experience in EMEA
- Demonstrated senior leadership skills at an industry level and with senior clients alongside demonstrable team management skills
- Strong experience in advertising across all media, with an emphasis on digital and adtech, attribution, with a strong understanding of Privacy
- Strong experience in using data and analytics to develop insights for marketing strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audience and effectively at all levels of a client organization
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with industry bodies at a senior level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA desirable but not critical
- Travel required, throughout the Benelux and DACH markets, as well as to London, UK and to Menlo Park, US, up to 25% on average.
Back to top