Marketing Researcher - SMB
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This role will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research - both quantitative and qualitative. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with analytical, communication, project management and presentation skills.
This role will be a part of the Marketing Insights and Analytics team, partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Consumer Marketing, Communications, and Data Analytics. In this role, you will help understand audiences, develop brand communications, represent the voice of the consumer, and be responsible for tracking all facets of Facebook's brand health.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, energetic, entrepreneurial, and passionate about not just sharing data, but telling a story through research. Someone who enjoys working collaboratively, but can ultimately execute projects independently and confidently.
This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park.
Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners/leads to design and execute actionable research studies (qualitative and quantitative) that help inform the development of strategic company narratives and communications, while also diagnosing opportunities and continued challenges.
- Manage ongoing quantitative tracking of key metrics, while executing complementary ad hoc analyses to further contextualize the landscape and strategic opportunities.
- Support creative/communication development and strategy for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Synthesize findings into actionable insights and story-telling in concert with cross-functional partners/leads.
- Develop innovative methods of reputation measurement using Facebook's data and audience tools, as well as working alongside external agencies.
- 5+ years of agency or in-house research experience, with experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Experience in executing quantitative research independently, including questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Knowledge in creating/advertising development and tracking.
- Communication and presentation experience.
- Experience threading together multiple research studies to contextualize challenges and inspire executives and colleagues to think differently.
- Experienced at not only answering stakeholder questions, but conceptualizing research briefs that will advance the team's thinking, positioning and messaging research, as well as brand tracking methods.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results.
- Experience working at/with a consumer technology company.
- A strong understanding of social platforms.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top