Marketing Researcher - Connectivity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and understanding people is more important than ever. The Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research - both quantitative and qualitative. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills.
This role will be a part of the Marketing Insights and Analytics team, partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing, Product Management, Data Analytics, Communications, and Engineering. The main focus will be to support branding and positioning decisions around the Facebook Connectivity suite of products, and to inform customer marketing and acquisition strategies.
In this role, you will influence marketing campaign planning and execution, represent the voice of the consumer, and be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of our Facebook Connectivity marketing efforts around the world. You will demonstrate understanding and passion for topics around global connectivity and access, free speech/expression, and equality/inclusiveness. Knowledge and empathy for the cultures and customs of emerging markets is important.
This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park and will require travel up to 25% of the time.
- Design and execute quantitative and qualitative research to support Facebook Connectivity marketing efforts - branding and positioning as well as customer acquisition across the suite of Facebook Connectivity products including Free Basics, Flex, Express Wi-Fi and Mobile Payment Solutions.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that inform the development of strategic marketing recommendations and campaign briefs that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people - many new to the internet.
- Develop innovative methods of brand positioning/messaging and advertising effectiveness research using Facebook's data and audience tools and working alongside external agencies.
- 8+ years of experience in Quantitative and Qualitative research.
- Experience with emerging markets and conducting research among multiple audiences and cultures.
- Experience using primary and secondary research to influence decision making, executives and colleagues.
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research, including marketing effectiveness.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors.
- Experience with quantitative research, including questionnaire design, execution, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Experience in consumer technology company, with an understanding of social platforms and mobile ecosystems.
- Experience communicating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders and partners.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top