(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and understanding people is more important than ever. The Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research – both quantitative and qualitative. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills.
This role will be a part of the Marketing Insights and Analytics team, partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Consumer Marketing, Communications, Policy, and Product Marketing. The main focus areas will be the global opportunities and issues that are important to Facebook – particularly in Europe and emerging Asia.
In this role, you will influence marketing and communications strategy, represent the voice of the consumer, and be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of our campaigns across the world.
Creativity, energy, flexibility, collaboration, and a passion for innovative research are a must.
This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park and will require travel up to 25% of the time.
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support marketing, international cross-functional teams and Facebook at large.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that inform the development of strategic marketing recommendations and campaign briefs that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Understanding and passion for topics including free speech/expression, privacy, economic impact, equality/inclusiveness and other areas of global importance.
- Develop innovative methods of brand and advertising effectiveness research using Facebook’s data and audience tools and working alongside external agencies.
- 8+ years of experience in Quantitative and Qualitative research.
- Knowledge with topics in public policy, and experience conducting research for different audiences.
- Experience in a consumer technology company.
- Experience using primary and secondary research to influence decision making, executives and colleagues.
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research, including marketing effectiveness.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors.
- Ability to execute quantitative research, including questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Understanding of social platforms and mobile ecosystems.
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Knowledge in a European language, especially German.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top