(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In a connected 24/7 news cycle world, information travels fast, and minds can change quickly.
This high visibility, multinational role will have responsibility for building Facebook's capacity to understand and respond to rapidly evolving changes in public sentiment around issues that have the potential to impact perceptions of Facebook's reputation or change the ways we need to work to achieve our company mission. The job is fast moving, high visibility, and gives the opportunity to work across cultures.
- Execute fast-turn quantitative polling to understand the impact of emerging news cycles (emerging topics in US and world news) and unexpected global events to Facebook's business
- Lead qualitative research to deeply understand attitudes around these issues to refine communications strategies that address them.
- Understand the relationship between news coverage, social conversations, and shifts in consumer sentiment to inform our response strategy to news cycles
- Track public and policy influencer sentiment around Facebook's reputation on policy-related issues in established and emerging markets
- Scale our operational capacity to do this work globally
- 6+ years working in consumer insights roles in support of corporate communications or public affairs.
- 6+ years Quantitative and qualitative research execution with proficiency in Survey and Discussion Guide writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Sample Design, Weighting and Data Quality Management.
- Social listening & Media coverage analysis
- Message Development and Optimization
- Tracking Studies
- Synthesize and summarize research findings for an executive audience
- Experience using research to influence executives and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience conducting global research
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top