(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and the role of Insights in impacting the business is greater than it’s ever been. The Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary quantitative and qualitative research. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills.
You’ll partner with Product Marketing to bring a broad range of Facebook’s most critical consumer-facing products to life for people and help Facebook’s evolution into a video- and visual-first social experience. In this role you’ll be working daily on cornerstone products like News Feed, Video, Facebook Live, Groups, 360, and others that are early in the development pipeline.
Creativity, energy, flexibility, collaboration, and a passion for innovative research are a must. If you’re invigorated by the opportunity for real and substantial impact, we want to speak with you!
This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park. Global travel will be required 25-30% of the time.
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing organization and Facebook at large. Core focus will be on developing marketing and communications strategy.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Leveraging research, you will establish product market fit, shape positioning and messaging, drive creative briefs, inform the development of product level or company level narratives, or answer urgent executive level questions impacting the business.
- 5+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience on client or supplier side
- Experience on the front end of the marketing process.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience including hands on experience in Survey and Discussion Guide writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Weighting and Data cleaning. Multivariate (Regression, Factor, CHAID, Clustering) preferred.
- Experience with Positioning, Message Development and Optimization, Value Proposition Development and Communications Checks.
- Proven track record of using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues.
- Outstanding problem solving and ability to quickly move from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver outstanding results.
- Ability to execute quantitative research independently from questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top