Marketing Research Manager, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is seeking a Marketing Research Manager who is passionate about building virtual reality products and experiences for the next generation of interactive, socially connected consumers. The Marketing Research Manager will harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and communications and create strong cross-functional partnerships with Oculus marketing and products teams. This role will also help develop new hardware brand, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plans, support creative development, optimize marketing to drive conversion of product funnel and ultimately create more value for consumers.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional research skills across both qualitative and quantitate methodologies, proven hands-on experience as practitioner and manager, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an interest to remain deeply engaged in the execution of work. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and experience in technology is a must.
This role is based in Menlo Park, but travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
- Partner with marketing, research/UX and product organizations to understand consumer needs and product use cases, define brand positioning, develop audiences, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plans, and optimize/improve marketing communications to achieve business objectives
- Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class quantitate and qualitative research solutions, at both the product and brand level: leadership in technique and methodology is essential
- Define people problems to influence executional strategy, goals and metrics to ensure line-of-sight to success
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations
- Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition
- Partner with Decision Science to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness
- Produce highly effective communication and provocation to influence decision-making and product planning
- Ability to interface directly with leaders
- 8+ years of experience in marketing research or product research teams
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Proven experience in leading campaigns/product launches from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making
- Experience in engaging both the technical/product level as well as on brand marketing/communications
- Experience in problem-solving and experience in moving from blank state to a problem with a suitable methodology
- Experience in scaling and prioritizing activities
- Communication and presentation experience with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Experience in collaborating with a variety of partners
- Desire to engage in research work at a tactical/executional level as well as managing the growth and development of a team
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top