Marketing Research Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The Building 8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.We’re seeking a Marketing Research Manager for Building 8, who will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research, both quant and qual, to inform the development of product and marketing communications strategy. Partnering closely with a set of cross-functional teams, this role will also help develop the Building 8 brand and positioning, both within Facebook and as it is communicated out in the world.The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills. We are looking for someone who has a track record of working on ambitious projects in the consumer technology space and developing novel research that influences key decisions about product development and marketing.This position is full-time and will be based in Menlo Park. Global travel will be required ~25% of the time.
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support Building 8. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will inform key decisions around Building 8’s product portfolio and marketing communications strategy.
- Leveraging research, you will establish product-market fit, shape positioning and messaging, provide insight for creative briefs and inform the development of product- and company-level narratives.
- 8+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience on client or supplier side
- Experience with new product development, positioning, message development and optimization
- Experience in consumer technology sector
- Comfortable speaking both technical product language and brand/product marketing language
- Proven track record of using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues
- Outstanding problem solving and ability to quickly move from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology
- Experience directing agencies and vendors to deliver outstanding results
- Ability to execute quantitative research independently from questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top