Marketing Research Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and the role of Insights in impacting the business is greater than it's ever been. The Lead Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will lead research for one of Facebook's core product areas. In this role you will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary quantitative and qualitative research. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills.
You'll partner with Product Marketing to understand the needs of key audiences and help inform marketing programs and product initiatives that are early in the development pipeline. As part of the launch process you'll work to position products for success with messaging and creative campaigns grounded in consumer needs.
Creativity, energy, flexibility, collaboration, and a passion for innovative research are a must. If you're invigorated by the opportunity for real and substantial impact, we want to speak with you!
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing organization and Facebook at large. Core focus will be on developing marketing and communications strategy.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Leveraging research, you will establish product market fit, shape positioning and messaging, drive creative briefs, inform the development of product level or company level narratives, or answer urgent executive level questions impacting the business.
- Develop and mentor a small team of high performance researchers.
- 10+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience on client or supplier side.
- Experience on the front end of the marketing process.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience including hands-on experience in Survey and Discussion Guide writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis.
- Experience with Positioning, Message Development and Optimization, Value Proposition Development and Communications Checks.
- Proven track record of using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues.
- Problem solving skills and ability to move from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology.
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results.
- Ability to execute quantitative research independently from questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Experience developing and managing research teams
- Multivariate (Regression, Factor, CHAID, Clustering) experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top