Marketing Research Lead (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We're looking for a candidate to join the consumer product marketing team at WhatsApp, focused on building brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. We are seeking a marketing research expert, with strong analytical and communication skills. This candidate will focus on understanding how different markets perceive the WhatsApp brand, influence marketing and communications strategy by representing the voice of the consumer. The role will report into the director marketing and leverage a company-wide community of researchers. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for WhatsApp is a must.
This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead qualitative research to deeply understand attitudes around these issues to refine communications strategies that address them.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that inform the development of strategic marketing recommendations and campaign briefs that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Scale our operational capacity to do this work globally
- 8+ years of experience in Quantitative and Qualitative research, tracking studies.
- Knowledge with topics in public policy, and experience conducting research for different audiences.
- Experience in a consumer technology company.
- Experience using primary and secondary research to influence decision making, executives and colleagues.
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research, including marketing effectiveness.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors.
- Ability to execute quantitative research, including questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Understanding of social platforms and mobile ecosystems.
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders and partners.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top