Marketing Research Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and the role of Insights is impacting the business greater than ever. The Lead Marketing Researcher will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will lead research for Facebook's News, News Feed, Integrity, and Sharing teams. These teams are responsible of for some of the most important issues facing Facebook and society. In this role, you will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary quantitative and qualitative research to influence corporate policy, product go-to-market strategy, press communications, and marketing programs. The ideal candidate will combine marketing research expertise, strategic consulting, product thinking, and organizational savvy.
You'll partner with Product Marketing and Communications to understand the needs of key audiences and help inform marketing programs and product launches core to the reputation of Facebook. As part of the launch process you'll work to position products strategically for success with a particular focus on benefit articulation, messaging and creative. Creativity, energy, flexibility, leadership, collaboration, and a passion for innovative research are a must. If you're invigorated by understanding the role social media has on how people get information and build relationships, this could be the right role for you. If you're excited by current events, the opportunity for shape public discourse and make a real and substantial impact, we want to speak with you!
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing organization and Facebook at large.
- Core focus will be on developing marketing and communications strategy.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Leveraging research, you will establish product market fit, shape positioning and messaging, drive creative briefs, inform the development of product level or company level narratives, or answer urgent executive level questions impacting the business.
- Develop and mentor a small team of high performance researchers.
- 10+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience on client or supplier side.
- Experience on the front end of the marketing process.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience including hands-on experience in Survey and Discussion Guide writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis.
- Experience with Positioning, Message Development and Optimization, Value Proposition Development and Communications Checks.
- Track record of using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues.
- Problem solving experience and experience moving from blank slate to a research problem matched with a methodology.
- Synthesis and storytelling experience to bring data points together into a strategy.
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research.
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results.
- Experience executing quantitative research from questionnaire design, fielding, analytics, and reporting.
- Communication and presentation experience.
- Experience developing and managing research teams.
- Passion for Facebook
- Intellectual curiosity for in the ways social media is shaping public discourse, news, and politics
- Keen interest in new ways of sharing, communication and maintaining relationships
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top