(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced and highly motivated team player to join as a Marketing Paralegal. The position will work with stakeholders across the company to support multifaceted marketing and promotions initiatives and conduct marketing legal review of related collateral. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The position is based in Menlo Park.
- Coordinate and perform content review of marketing, advertising, sales and promotional materials to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable legal requirements
- Serve as point-of-contact to review and provide guidance on consumer, business and brand advertising across all channels (digital, television and print) and escalating as necessary based on specified guidelines
- Support marketing and promotional initiatives, including contests, sweepstakes and giveaways
- Work with marketing, product, public policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
- Support trainings and identify and lead process improvements to develop best practices and optimize and scale marketing legal review services
- 5+ years of Paralegal experience in advertising, marketing and promotions
- Experience working directly with internal partners, and with reviewing and providing guidance on advertising, marketing and promotions
- Familiarity with laws and rules governing advertisements (claim substantiation, false advertising, disclosure requirements) and promotions (contests, sweepstakes, giveaways)
- Experience with advertising and marketing in regulated channels (telemarketing, SMS) and industries (alcohol), privacy and consumer protection requirements
- Experience managing intake process for content review
- Ability to juggle different projects at once
- Able to navigate ambiguity to assess materials, identify, and help resolve legal issues
- Analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills and judgment
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certification
- Experience across marketing channels
- In-house experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top