Marketing Operations Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Marketing has grown and evolved over time. We are at a critical time in our team development, where we are growing quickly and making big bets with our marketing investment. With this rapid expansion, we need the team to scale efficiently and focus on more strategic and operational efforts. As such, we need a Marketing Operations Manager who can help us execute operational strategies that support our scaling efforts.
We are seeking a versatile candidate who is passionate about strategic process improvement, operations, and analysis. The candidate will work across all five pillars of Marketing Operations (Info Systems, Procure-to-Pay Operations, Communications, Culture Stewardship and Planning & Prioritization) to support the cross-functional marketing teams (e.g., Creative, Analytics, Regional Marketing). This is a full-time position, reporting to the Marketing Operations Leader, based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Help identify and drive strategic improvement initiatives and innovation across the Marketing organization. Such initiatives could include marketing process improvements (e.g., current state and future state analysis), change management, Marketing-wide communication strategy enhancements (top-down and bottom-up), and enablement of an integrated marketing infrastructure. Work closely with Marketing Operations (MOPS) team members in each of the MOPS pillars to deliver on business objectives
- Support ongoing MOPS projects, processes and activities with an eye towards continuous improvement and innovation. Examples include helping to manage brand planning cycles, organize events like the Marketing Summit, support Marketing-specific training programs, and facilitate cross-team collaboration/communication/knowledge-sharing
- Serve as Marketing's Knowledge Champion, helping the organization better leverage information to drive continuous improvement. Develop and execute a knowledge management approach for non-campaign-related information (e.g., onboarding material, operational resources, learnings/plans from prior initiatives) that is thoughtful, sustainable and enables effective learning. Ensure all the right information is captured in a timely manner and that it is up-to-date, relevant, accurate, and optimally organized.
- Leverage external research to generate ideas/insights for operational improvements
- Conduct interviews with Marketing team members to understand their needs/pain points and analyze/prioritize the issues
- Help convert the pain points to improvement projects
- Help build and maintain relationships with operations teams throughout the company to share best practices, ideas, and relevant knowledge
- Own Marketing Operations Team reporting that keeps the broader Marketing team aware of our priorities, progress, and operational activity that may impact them
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years professional experience in performance improvement, process improvement and/or operations in a consulting or corporate operations role
- Experience contributing at both tactical and strategic levels, with capabilities in analysis and project management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Attention to detail and methodical, with the ability to translate problems into actionable solutions
- Relationship building/management skills
- Experience as a cross-functional team member in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, environment.
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience using productivity software (e.g., MS Office, Mac productivity apps)
- MBA Degree
- 3+ years professional experience in Marketing performance improvement, process improvement and/or operations in a consulting or corporate operations role
- Experience contributing at both tactical and strategic levels in Marketing, with strong capabilities in analysis and project management
- Experience working with product or technical organizations
- Experience as a flexible, cross-functional team member in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Experience in MacOS
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top