Marketing Manager, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook continues to invest in breakthrough technology to help the world become more open and connected. We are excited by the future of virtual reality, and we believe that VR is better with friends! We are building platforms, applications and experiences through which virtual reality enables new social experiences. Facebook Spaces is our first product in this arena — in Spaces, you can be yourself in VR by building a customized avatar, hang out with your friends and share content you've shared on Facebook, get creative by drawing 3D objects and engaging with them, and even connect with friends outside of VR by making and receiving Messenger video calls. In addition, we are building new ways to bring social experiences within 3-dimensional virtual environments that can be accessed by a broad audience.We are seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to lead marketing for our new Social VR products. This person will bring consumer insights to help shape product relevancy, develop a marketing communications strategy, launch new products, engage the Social VR community, and help build usership and engagement with our new Social VR products. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing product marketing strategy and driving execution of scalable marketing programs to deliver tangible results. Excellent strategic and communication skills, excitement for results-driven approaches, and comfort navigating ambiguity are critical. This person understands different market dynamics, consumer and technology trends, and how to drive new behavior. This person is passionate about working closely with product teams, creating a new category, launching products to consumers, and engaging the VR and Facebook community. This individual will partner closely with the Social VR product teams, as well as other teams within Marketing and Communications. He or She also has experience with social communities and/or mass market products in VR or Gaming, and has a deep understanding and passion for our company and consumer tech products. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Develop strategies and priorities to guide marketing programs that position virtual reality as a social platform, bring specific products to market, and drive awareness, adoption and engagement.
- Work with partner teams throughout Marketing to drive quantitative analysis, qualitative research and synthesis to understand and represent audience sentiment
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to develop joint strategies and plans, develop shared narratives, and coordinate key moments, positioning and campaigns
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to ensure amazingly effective creative execution
- Design tests, measure impact and learn through a results-driven mindset
- Partner closely with many cross-functional teams within Marketing (research, analytics, creative, product marketing) and throughout the company (PR/communications, product) to drive execution of our brand objectives and activate the brand
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years professional experience in product marketing, or combination of marketing and product management
- Experience with social communities and/or mass market products in VR or Gaming or Consumer Entertainment, and has demonstrated effectiveness in communicating the essence and joy of the experience to deliver measurable results
- Ability to drive initiatives at both a strategic and executional level
- Experience working closely with many cross-functional teams
- Quantitative analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex, large-scale concepts simply
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with virtual reality and technology trends
- MBA or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top