Marketing Manager for Developers: Social VR Content
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager who is knowledgeable and passionate about the Facebook brand and developer products as they relate to Social VR. The ideal candidate will have experience with website production and management, creating engaging online content, and digital marketing. We are looking for an individual who can clearly communicate how and why our Social VR tools can provide meaningful value to developers. He or she must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams and exhibit excellent skills in content creation, product positioning, and creative marketing. The ideal candidate will display excellent communication and organizational skills. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Be able to deliver on a clear vision to deliver meaningful value with Social VR to developers and content creators
- Create, provide direction on, and manage Social VR online training content
- Partner effectively with Product Management and other related product teams to lead world-class product marketing communications for Facebook's developer products
- Drive product adoption and usage rates through engaging content and marketing materials
- Organize and coordinate plans and materials for Social VR at F8, our annual developer conference
- Author engaging developer-facing communication such as blog posts, social posts, guides, keynote presentations and more
- Partner with cross-functional teams to tell the story around our products and brand in a cohesive way
- Stay up-to-date with current Social VR trends, identifying opportunities to present ourselves as a leader and innovator
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years work experience in content creation and strategy, and/or consulting
- Knowledge of Facebook and developer tools, as well as an understanding of Social VR platforms
- Experience in the mobile developer space
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with an eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Experience in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top