Marketing Manager, F8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Each year Facebook hosts F8, our annual conference where developers and businesses come together to explore the future of technology and learn how Facebook connects the world through new products and innovation. The event includes keynotes where leadership shares our vision for Facebook, a number of sessions that dive into technology and developer-related topics, interactive experiences and demo floor, and the opportunity to meet one-on-one with members of the Facebook team.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to support F8 program management and content development, and who brings a passion for our company and our technology. As an F8 Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for working on program strategy, project managing the development of break-out session & various aspects of F8, and contributing to the overall F8 narrative. In addition, you will work with product teams (PM), product marketing managers (PMM), and Communication managers throughout the company on messaging and content strategy for launches, announcements and break-out sessions to ensure an inspiring, informative and coherent F8 experience.
The ideal person is passionate about our company and our technology, and can contribute to strategy, project manage, build effective relationships, and has strong communication skills. This person thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments, enjoys working across a number of teams to pull together cohesive messaging, and cares deeply about technology & innovation. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working in complex cross-functional organizations, and exhibit excellent skills in project management, communication, brand and product positioning, creative marketing. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Contribute to the development of the program strategy for F8.
- Work with product teams, product marketing & PR across the company to develop a shared overarching narrative and a bridge to product announcement communications.
- Plan, coordinate & project manage the development of sessions across the company for F8.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations by being the voice of the developer and consumer on how to bring our messages to market.
- Contributes to marketing strategy for key aspects of F8, such as paid & organic media, website, app, and registration.
- Project manages specific areas of the conference.
- Partners closely with cross-functional teams across the company, including Product, Marketing, Policy, PR/Communications, Legal, Design, and more.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of what the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years professional experience in Marketing, Product Marketing or Product Management in Internet and/or technology
- Experience with B2B and/or B2C marketing, including online and events
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Experience working in matrix and cross-functional organizations
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering organizations
- Comfortable communicating to a variety of audiences, including both technical and consumer
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex, large-scale concepts simply
- Analytical ability, communication and time management skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with an eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Management Consulting and/or technical background
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top