Marketing Intelligence Lead Solutions Engineer
(Austin, TX – Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for exceptionally talented and experienced engineer to join GSS Insights team in Menlo Park, California. Our team provides scaled insights for our advertisers globally, and partners with key stakeholders in Facebook including sales, Market Science, Product Marketing, Marketing, enterprise BI, engineering, Sales IT, product and Infra teams.
Successful candidates will have strong technical experience in building medium-to-large enterprise applications and a demonstrated progression in leading a small team of developers/engineers. You have kept your coding skills sharp and will bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment, and for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company’s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle.The role is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, CA or Austin, TX.
- Highly technical, hands-on solutions engineer with a focus on data analytics and data processing
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable internal and external stakeholders consume and understand data faster
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understanding business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and building efficient and scalable solutions
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have end-to-end view of the solution
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of internal and external applications
- BS/B.Tech./M.Tech in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience developing business applications (sales, marketing, recruiting, advertising, etc.)
- 4+ years “hands-on” experience building enterprise class software solutions using one or more of the following: Python, PHP, or Java Script
- 4+ years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries, dimensional data modeling and schema design
- Experience speaking to technical and non technical audiences
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top