Marketing Information Systems Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Marketing has grown and evolved over time. We are at a critical time in our team development, where we are growing quickly and making big bets with our marketing investment. With this rapid expansion, we need the team to scale efficiently and focus on more strategic and operational efforts. To do this, we need to build/implement centralized tools to help manage the global marketing business. We are seeking an Information Systems Manager who can help assess the business needs, identify and optimize use of new/existing IT solutions/systems to address those needs, and lead the IT solution implementation and change management across a global marketing organization.
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about systems, process improvement and change management. This person will also partner closely with technical experts within our internal IT teams and external IT partners. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park. This role will report to the Marketing Operations Leader.
- Oversee end-to-end systems development, including strategic frameworks, to help drive the Marketing organization towards best-in-class operations. Identify information system needs and partner with IT technical experts to select, implement and optimize IT solutions.
- Create strong business partnerships with leaders of all levels and departments within the Marketing organization and outside of it (e.g., cross-functional teams like IT and Global Business Marketing). Liaise with core embedded operational counterparts in Product Marketing, Insights, and Creative.
- Build a Strategic IT Roadmap to support the Marketing team's purpose and goals. Anticipate future needs of a scaling organization, identify potential challenges, and be proactive in devising solutions.
- Drive operational excellence through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, improve business practices and drive internal process improvement across multiple teams and functions
- Roll-out continuous trainings and refreshers on best practices to ensure that standard usage of information systems are smooth and support organizational learning + improvement.
- Manage requests across the organization for data and tools/resources to make campaign execution, coordination, and measurement more efficient.
- Be the go-to person for troubleshooting and maintaining the credibility and integrity of our systems.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years professional experience in leading end-to-end IT transformation projects, including those for, or within, a dynamic marketing organization (Consulting or operations role)
- Experience in operations, strategic IT planning and process improvement, along with the ability to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Attention to detail and methodical, with the ability to translate problems into solutions
- Communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex or technical language for a non-technical audience
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Experienced and knowledgeable in MS Excel/PowerPoint and Oracle
- MBA Degree or equivalent
- 7+ years professional experience in leading end-to-end IT transformation projects, including those for, or within, a dynamic marketing organization (Consulting or operations role)
- Significant experience in marketing operations, strategic IT planning and process improvement, along with the ability to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels
- Significant experience as a project manager with excellent organization and people skills with the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Experience working with product or technical organizations
- Experience as a flexible, cross-functional leader comfortable with a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment.
- Experience in MacOS
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top