Marketing Designer, Workplace by Facebook
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced designer to join the Workplace team with a background in digital marketing and brand design. You must be comfortable working across many media. You’re a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on design. It shows in your writing, speaking and work. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding. You will partner with cross-functional teams within Workplace and also across the central global marketing teams (including sales, partnerships, ops, finance and product/engineering), with the primary objective of enabling Workplace to grow and scale across the world and attract and retain the most valuable and active client user base on the platform.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about communication design, whether it’s producing best-in-class branding, events collateral, infographics, editorial design or integrated marketing campaigns. They will mix creative flair with a knack for organisation and incredible attention to detail, and will be comfortable juggling multiple projects in a very fast moving environment. They will, of course, believe in the Facebook platform and our mission to connect the world. This is a full-time position and is located in our London office.
- Collaborate with a highly cross-functional team of marketers, data analysts and product specialists to concept and create innovative, large-scale marketing ideas that can live across channels, platforms and countries
- Communicate initial ideas compellingly then follow through to deliver flawless executions
- Take complex concepts and products and bring them to life simply and beautifully
- Project manage and art direct branded event experiences
- Find and oversee the appropriate photographers and artists to help bring their vision to life
- Manage projects and provide design direction working closely to guide the work of external agencies
- Build working relationships with design teams across Facebook
- 5+ years of agency experience
- Must have portfolio link on resume
- Portfolio should feature creative branding work and marketing campaigns (online and offline)
- Proven experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Experience across mediums such as print and video
- Ability to take feedback and input and come up with solutions that keep the integrity of the ideas
- Highly proficient in Adobe CS and PowerPoint/Keynote. Sketch, Video and 3D animation skills a plus as are mobile prototyping experience
- Can clearly articulate design decisions
- History of self-initiated projects
- Understands basic user-experience design and content strategy
- Understanding of the design principles to driving results in an online environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top