Marketing Decision Scientist, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Building 8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. We're seeking a Marketing Decision Scientist for Building 8, who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans for the launch of new products, while also developing strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and product teams. This role will also help develop the Building 8 brand and positioning, both within Facebook and as it is communicated out in the world. The ideal candidate will have a strong stakeholder management and leadership track record, proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, a passion for data, media and technology – with a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for Facebook is a must.
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to conduct innovative quantitative analysis to support Building 8.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition.
- Develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans,
- Design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Partner with Engineers to define data and tracking requirements for new products and marketing channels.
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, perceptions, usage and engagement.
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key metrics and performance trends, and provide actionable insights to marketing leadership.
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes.
- 7+ years of Decision Science related experience
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling skills (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.)
- Direct experience working with large data-sets
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, Matlab, or similar statistical packages
- Experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL required
- Presentation skills with a proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Knowledgeable with technical product language and brand/product marketing language
- Familiarity with survey research methods and considerations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with different individuals and organizations
- Master's or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field.
- MBA or Management consulting experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top