(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Marketing Counsel. The position will support multifaceted marketing initiatives and requires working with and providing guidance to stakeholders on legal, privacy, data protection and other applicable compliance requirements. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in London.
- Review consumer, business and brand advertising across all channels (digital, television and print) to ensure that all materials are legally compliant
- Advise teams on marketing and promotional initiatives (email, telemarketing, contests, sweepstakes and giveaways)
- Provide teams with legal advice on marketing across broad areas, including ad products, ad-tech, insights, and consumer facing brand marketing to ensure compliance with advertising, IP, privacy, data protection and consumer protection laws and regulations, as well as other legal requirements
- Coordinate with marketing, product, policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
- 2+ years of relevant legal experience, with in-house experience a plus
- Knowledge of relevant laws governing advertisements (claim substantiation, false advertising, IP) and promotions (contests, sweepstakes, giveaways)
- Familiarity of privacy, data protection and consumer protection requirements
- Experience reviewing and providing guidance on advertising, marketing, and promotions
- Ability to think and move quickly and juggle many different projects at once is essential
- Solicitor or barrister (qualified to practice law in a European member state
- Strong interpersonal skills and impeccable judgment a must
- Team player who likes to work with others to get the job done
- Proactive work ethic and excellent communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top