Marketing Content Lead, Workplace
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is an enterprise communications platform that enables employees at any organisation to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world now using Workplace to connect their employees and work seamlessly across teams and geographies. To help with the ongoing growth of the Workplace business, we are seeking a world-class content marketer and strategist, who is passionate about Facebook and the role that communication and collaboration can play in improving the productivity and effectiveness of people in the workplace.
As part of a small, global marketing team for Workplace, the Marketing Content Lead will own the strategy, budget and creation for content across all of our marketing channels and surfaces, to help drive brand awareness and demand generation for Workplace with enterprises across the world.
They will work closely with Workplace's regional and division marketing leaders (e.g. Digital, Product Marcomms and Events) to determine and implement the role of content across the marketing strategy, and partner with sales teams, Product Marketing, Product Design/Content Strategy and other teams across our Global Business Marketing organisation to plan and develop compelling content for Workplace including case studies, thought leadership, web content, social and video content and much more.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of writing and producing effective global marketing content and strategies, ideally in a tech/business software marketing context, and having introduced an editorial rhythm into a business. They will have capability to design bite-sized, real-time content as well as long form thought leadership, and are skilled at turning around content in hours and days to feed content hungry digital platforms and drive lead-generation efforts. They will have deep experience and understanding of transcreating and localising content to engage customers and prospects in markets around the world.
They will have worked with content management systems, digital asset management systems and be skilled in working with external agencies & suppliers to build relationships that can help us scale our capabilities.
This is a full-time position and is located in our London office, reporting to the Global Head of Marketing for Workplace.
- Own the strategy and creation for content across all of our marketing channels and surfaces, to help drive brand awareness and demand generation for Workplace with enterprises across the world
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including case studies, blog, website, sales enablement materials, product education materials, product names, navigational nomenclature and other content throughout Workplace marketing channels
- Govern an editorial rhythm across Workplace sales and marketing to align all messaging
- Introduce content led strategies that empower not just marketing activations, but also provide guidance and material for exec speakers, keynotes and other external opportunities to best amplify the Workplace brand and reputation
- Help apply and maintain consistency with content standards, and evolve Workplace's voice
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, product marketers and engineers to serve a global content audience
- Manage the Workplace content marketing budget, agencies/vendors and team members to deliver effective content and production processes and strive for continuous improvement and iteration.
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience preferred
- 10+ years of experience in content, editorial, media, agency or publishing house.
- Excellent written skills – multi-lingual an advantage
- Experience in B2B/SaaS/Enterprise software preferred
- Experience building and managing content creative & production teams (either internal, outsourced, or both)
- Information architecture or responsive content experience a plus
- Strong cross-functional, matrix / stakeholder and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to product
- Passion for using data to guide content strategy and perfect messaging across a range of communication channels
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment across multiple time zones and teams.
- Love of different cultures and genuine belief in diversity of style and capabilities to create high performing teams.
- Please include a link to samples of your work that show a breadth of experience across a range of content types. You may wish to show us content you've created for thought leadership, user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top