- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Market Strategy team's mission is to drive strategic decisions that produce long-term growth for Facebook Inc. We live and breathe all things market data and are passionate about the journey from market signals to strategy.
We're looking for someone to help drive business and product strategy, with a focus on consumer products (e.g. news, dating).
Strategists will analyze regional and global trends and translate market data into actionable insights and strategy for Facebook's products.
Successful candidates for this position will have or develop a deep understanding of the product landscape, including trends, players, technology, and economics. They will partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., user research, analytics), and will communicate their insights and recommendations to product and business leaders.
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, customer behaviors, and competitive positions to help drive product and business strategy aligned with Facebook's mission
- Leverage data (across Facebook and the market) to uncover key insights about Facebook's position in a given market, and effectively communicate these to product and business leaders and cross-functional partners
- Help create data-driven business cases for product investment decisions, across build, buy, partner, and invest
- Conduct thorough market analysis including market segmentation and opportunity sizing
- Present insights and recommendations to Product Managers and other leaders across Facebook, and partner with them to influence product roadmaps
- Partner with Corporate Development to identify new M&A targets, conduct analysis to size growth opportunities, and to develop a thesis
- Develop and lead ongoing market landscape insights and reporting for product and business leaders
- Collaborate with partners across cross-functional teams such as User Research, Analytics, and Product Marketing to develop a robust picture of the product ecosystem
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Privacy, and Communications teams to ensure business cases and recommendations are robust, and that relevant considerations are accounted for
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, analytics, engineering, or other related quantitative discipline from an institution
- 5+ years of strategy, finance, and/or business operations experience
- 2+ years of experience leading strategy projects at a consulting firm, investment bank, or in a corporate strategy team
- 2+ years of analytical and modeling experience, including advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalent) and basic/moderate knowledge of SQL (or aptitude to learn quickly)
- Demonstrated experience structuring and solving market problems
- Demonstrated experience of presenting to leadership and influencing product decisions
- 6+ years experience of strategy, finance, business operations, corporate strategy, or partnerships
- Experience in the consumer internet space, including social, communications, media, and entertainment
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with large data sets in Excel
Back to top