(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We’re looking for someone to help drive business and product strategy by analyzing market trends and educating product leaders for the market landscape of their product (for e.g., video or news). Successful candidates for this position will have or quickly develop a deep understanding of the internet and mobile ecosystem (trends, players, economics, technology, etc.), and will be able to communicate their insights effectively across multiple cross-functional partners.
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, customer behaviors and competitive moves to help drive product roadmaps.
- Go deep into data (across FB and market data) to uncover key insights about FB’s positioning in a given market, then effectively communicate these to Product Leaders and other cross-functional partners.
- Help create business cases for product initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing.
- Instigates studies into people’s lives and perceptions of products and derive valuable insights
- Competitive monitoring and analysis
- Interface with external clients, partners and industry figures to get a holistic understanding of needs and opportunities.
- Conduct analysis of potential M&A targets to size product synergies.
- Collaborate with peers in Research, Analytics, etc. to paint a full picture of the ecosystem around specific products requirements
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or other related discipline from a top-tier institution.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or other related discipline from a top-tier institution. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of strategy, finance and/or business operations experience, preferably in the digital media or internet space.
- 2+ years of experience leading strategy projects at a top-tier consulting firm or in a corporate strategy team.
- 2+ years of analytical and modeling experience, including extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Understanding of programming languages like SQL is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve ambiguous and diverse market problems.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and influencing skills.
Back to top