(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for someone to help drive business and product strategy by analyzing market trends and educating product leaders for the market landscape of their product (for e.g., video or news). Successful candidates for this position will have or quickly develop a deep understanding of the internet and mobile ecosystem (trends, players, economics, technology, etc.), and will be able to communicate their insights effectively across multiple cross-functional partners.
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, customer behaviors and competitive moves to help drive product roadmaps.
- Go deep into data (across FB and market data) to uncover key insights about FB’s positioning in a given market, then effectively communicate these to Product Leaders and other cross-functional partners.
- Help create business cases for product initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing.
- Instigates studies into people’s lives and perceptions of products and derive valuable insights
- Competitive monitoring and analysis
- Interface with external clients, partners and industry figures to get a holistic understanding of needs and opportunities.
- Conduct analysis of potential M&A targets to size product synergies.
- Collaborate with peers in Research, Analytics, etc. to paint a full picture of the ecosystem around specific products requirements
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or other related discipline from a top-tier institution.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or other related discipline from a top-tier institution. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of strategy, finance and/or business operations experience, preferably in the digital media or internet space.
- 2+ years of experience leading strategy projects at a top-tier consulting firm or in a corporate strategy team.
- 2+ years of analytical and modeling experience, including extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Understanding of programming languages like SQL is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve ambiguous and diverse market problems.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and influencing skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top