Market Specialist, Measurement Team (North America Global Operations)
Market/Global Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. The Market Specialist will be part of a data-driven analysis culture and will also help scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes, solving challenging problems to ultimately ensure we are making the right enforcement decisions at scale. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Market Operations is for you. We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, collaborative and a proven team player. We count on specialists who are passionate about representing their markets, protecting users, and are excited about making our enforcement and systems more effective etc. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity - a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. This position is full time and is based in our Sunnyvale, US office.
MARKET SPECIALIST, MEASUREMENT TEAM (NORTH AMERICA GLOBAL OPERATIONS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a market specialist, be aware of current market events and typical user behavior in the North America market.
- Measure and analyze key business metrics to improve our enforcement of community and advertising standards and increase Facebook's accountability towards our community of users and advertisers.
- Proactively and independently analyze market specific information to identify trends and insights. Communicate market insights to cross-functional partners to collaborate and improve our policies, processes and tools.
- Partner with vendors to ensure that performance feedback is being shared with relevant teams and proactively track the impact and success of remediation plans.
- Effectively manages key relationships with multiple cross-functional partners and be comfortable presenting in a cross--functional and global context.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for specific, complex business areas and provide thought leadership for that area. For example, operational expertise across markets, regions or verticals, industry knowledge within a vertical or market.
- Efficiently run projects that involves a small team and/or cross-functional partners with the ability to overcome roadblocks and escalates issues as they arise.
- Confidently and constructively challenges priorities and/or the direction of a certain project. Identify areas where we can pause or stop pieces of work and re-prioritize resources if necessary.
- Contribute effectively in decision--making meetings with other leads by providing thoughtful ideas and proposals on matters of importance.
- Coaches and mentors others on the team.
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's Degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 3+ years of work experience in consulting, tech, project management or an operational capacity
- Experience effectively communicating to a variety of audiences
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Experience developing strategies
- Experience using analytics/data to creatively solve problems
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, economics or a related field
- 6+ months experience working with data
- 6+ months experience working with SQL
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top