Market Specialist, Market Operations, Arabic, Maghreb region
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Market Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Market Operations is for you.
The Market Operations team is seeking a solutions-oriented, data-savvy Market Specialist who is passionate about providing a great support experience for our community of users. The successful candidate will work with the Arabic market team to review content reported for potential abuse, resolve user account issues, improve the overall support experience for that market, as well as solve thematic global issues. The Market Specialist will be part of a data-driven analysis culture and will also help scale our operations by optimising and automating processes, solving challenging problems and, most importantly, helping to prevent them. This position is full time and is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Respond to inquiries from the community with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards
- Be aware of current events and typical user behavior in the Arabic market
- Gather region-specific insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of users' interactions with Facebook & Instagram support, and use it to develop ways to improve the support of our community of users in the region
- Communicate region-specific insights to Policy, Product, Growth, and other partners within the company
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management
- Display a strong bias to demonstrate empathy for our community in supporting Community Operations' mission to #ShipLove
- Bachelors degree and/or masters or equivalent experience (Legal, Compliance, Political or Social Science disciplines preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with tools such as Excel and SQL is a plus
- Ability to work independently across competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing Operations environment and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and internal organizations
- Fluency in written and conversational Arabic, French and English
- Experience managing training, quality and operational improvements
- Experience leading operational streams as part of cross-functional regulatory initiatives involving NGOs and/or external political partners and/or compliance background is a plus
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors is a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top