Market Specialist, GO Markets, Sri Lanka (Tamil)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're hiring for Market Specialists to drive changes that bring real impact to our community of 2 billion users. As a Market Specialist, you'll directly support some users in their most critical time of need. The successful candidate will work with the Sri Lanka regional operations team to review content reported for potential abuse, resolve user account issues, improve the overall support experience for the region. The person will be part of a data-driven analysis culture and will also help scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes, solving challenging problems and, most importantly, helping to prevent them. This role will be based in our Singapore office.
- Respond to Tamil inquiries from the Sri Lankan community with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook or Instagram such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards
- Be aware of current events and typical user behavior in Sri Lanka
- Gather region-specific insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of Sri Lanka community interactions with Facebook & Instagram support, and use it to develop ways to improve the support of our community of users in the region in collaboration with partners across the company
- Communicate region-specific insights to partners within the company
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues for the Sri Lanka community through effective problem solving and project management
- Display a strong bias to demonstrate empathy for our community in supporting Community Operations' mission to #ShipLove.
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of professional experience in the Operations, Project Management or Vendor Operations space
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram platforms, with a passion for the product and ensuring good user experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Moderate working knowledge of Excel & SQL is preferred
- Ability to work independently across competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing Operations environment and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and internal organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Native fluency in written and conversational Sri Lankan Tamil is essential
- Demonstrable ongoing connection with community in Sri Lanka and detailed knowledge of region's culture and common practices
Back to top