Market Specialist, Community Operations, Pashto
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Hyderabad, India)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
- Translate and respond to inquiries in Pashto (one of the official languages of Afghanistan) from the community with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Identify scalable ways of preventing abuse on the site through changes to Facebook features
- Maintain people’s safety on the site by prioritizing and swiftly acting on sensitive issues
- Identify opportunities for self-resolution of issues through education and sophisticated tools
- Develop scaled solutions that address work flow/operational inefficiencies and product deficiencies
- Provide the needed regional expertise on Afghanistan to customize the experience on Facebook for people from that region
- Gather insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of people’s interactions with Facebook
- Communicate insights to product, engineering, and other partners within the company
- Deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management.
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably with a focus on strategic/analytical initiatives
- Fluency in written and conversational Pashto (Afghanistan) and English is essential
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills coupled with the ability to act independently across competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and most importantly, empathy
- Comfortable interacting with cross-functional stakeholders and serving as a subject matter expert
- Strong understanding of Facebook platform and passionate about the company’s mission
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment and drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top